Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow Drifts Continued

Since writing the last entry I've watched four cars get stuck in our little circle and a half of street--one right in front of my house for the last four hours with its owner nowhere in sight. Matt's dad picked him up at the hospital for me since there was no way around the car and no way Matt's car would have made it into the subdivision anyway. Then Matt's dad got stuck even in his four wheel drive. Ah...don't you just love Michigan in the winter? The good news is, it'll last another five months and we have another storm due to hit us Wednesday. Four more inches of snow. The snow drifts are over two feet high now, one is above the windowsill outside living room, and the wind keeps blowing. Matt just finished shoveling his dad out and is now in the process of helping the mysterious owner of the car in front of our house who miraculously showed up at the same time. They aren't making much progress. I, for one, am all for global warming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you should move the the high mountain desert of Idaho! Our kids were mislead by the bus driver (Thurs. afternoon) that we were expecting 8" of snow and we would probably have a snow day Friday.
Steve and I told them, "No, we are supposed to get 1 and then 3 later on.." Well, so far, we have a few inches less than what we started with. It all blows north; here the snow doesn't fall down, it falls sideways. But, it is about 0 degrees and holding. We have some nasty drifts, too, but nothing like what you have. Keep warm and cozy! Happy Ramahanakwanzmas; it is sad that the schools don't do Christmas! ...yet another reason to come to Id, we still do. In fact, Sadie has a little classmate that is a Jehovah's witness, and the poor girl has missed about the last week, and Halloween...but we just keep plowing away, writing letters to Santa, etc...
Merry Christmas!
-Susie

Arianne said...

Brrr. That sounds like a ton of snow. I've had the same secret idea about climate change. I'm glad you're home safe.

We're supposed to get some snow sometime this week. I'm going to turn on the gas fireplace, warm up some hot chocolate and watch all the Christmas movies we own. It could only get more perfect if we could keep our husbands home too.

Merry Christmas, Emily!

Connie said...

I'm watching the snow piling up outside my window as I write this. I don't think we have as much as you, though. I like Ari's idea - hot cocoa and movies!