Friday, July 24, 2009

Hoffmaster State Park

We just came home from our annual camping trip to Hoffmaster state park. Fortunately, all four kids slept well and thanks to camping cots, Matt and I did, too.
I love Luke's grape soda mustache.
Miniature golfing at Craig's cruisers
Ice cream at the Whippi Dip
Luke's sporting a European swimwear look this summer. We call them parachute swim trunks, but it's actually a reusable swim diaper. I've been too lazy to go and buy swim trunks to go over them.
Hoffmaster is a state park full of sand dunes. The beaches on the Western side of Michigan are great because of their sandy bottoms. I actually climbed this bad baby. Go me! For every step you take up, you slide half way back down sinking calf deep in sand. The kids frolic up and down these with little effort. Oh to be a kid again.
There's a creek that runs through the camp ground. Where it empties into Lake Michigan, it forms a shallow pool that's a lot warmer and the kids enjoy playing in because it's shallower, too.
Paul in Lake Michigan.
Elyse running down a dune.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you took all of the kids camping and that they all slept well. Bonus! It looks like you guys had a really fun trip. The last time we went camping as a family was a nightmare, so maybe you have given me the courage to try again.

Anonymous said...

Oh how we miss Hoffmaster! So wish we could've gone with you guys ever...especially now!
Looks like you had a great time!
..and the Whippi Dip...I don't think we ever went, but it was fun to drive by!

Mary Ellen said...

That looks great! We take our big vacation to Canada tomorrow am. This should be interesting. 4 kids, 1 set of parents and 1 set of grandparents in a very large RV! I'm actually very excited about it. We'll see how it goes!