Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pi-wah-no

I am sitting her at the computer listening to Elyse practice her piano and it goes something like this: "Da, da, da, da, daaaaaa...SNIFF...da, da...SNIFF...da." We went over sharps for the first time yesterday and today she's watering the ivories with large tears. It's like this every time we start a new concept. She's absolutely convinced it'll be impossible to learn and the next week she seems to play it just fine. We need to relearn notes, though. I've discovered she's relying too much on the suggested fingering. Jarom is ticklish! And he laughs on occasion. Our garden in finally producing. We ate the first cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and zuccini out of it yesterday. And to our surprise we've got about five big pumpkins out there. In all our married years, Matt and I have only been able to grow one green pumpkin, so we're pretty excited.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Aaaa... the dreaded sharps! Bethany is just like that sometimes too. She gives up before she even tries. It drives me nuts!

Rachelle said...

I remember many days sitting at the piano bawling my eyes out because my mom was soooo mean to make me practice. One day she'll thank you. I promise!

Arianne said...

Sorry about the piano woes. Madsen tried to convince me that he ALREADY knew how to play piano and didn't need to go any further. I opened the hymn book and asked him to play a song. He reluctantly admitted there might be a few more things he could learn.

Let's see a pic of your garden!

Mary Ellen said...

Caleb can get frustrated also. I noticed in the notes from his last lesson that his teacher had written "If it sounds wrong, it probably is." Ha ha ha.