My diet has suffered this month and I place all the blame on the new love in my life: my new oven. My old unfriendly beastly oven with it's one burner that heated semi well and the three crappy burners that never came up to high, and the weak interior that never could cook a chicken in under two and a half hours, was finally escorted out of the house this month. And in it's place came to live this double decker beauty with duel energy: two electric ovens, one with convection, the other that preheats super fast, and a gas stove top with one huge burner with 16,00o btus (I don't even know what that means, but it sounds powerful) and four additional burners that have constant, easy to control heat. I can actually fit a pressure cooker and canner on the top of this thing (as opposed to my last that could fit neither. I was reduced to canning four jars at a time in a soup stock pot). My stir frys come out fried instead of poached or steamed. My cookies are lovely golden brown. We've made since its arrival: chocolate chip cookies, brownies, blueberry muffins, pizzas, stir frys, croutons, a WHOLE chicken with forty cloves of garlic, cupcakes, super fast omelettes, Navajo tacos, wheat bread...The cool thing is I can make dinner and dessert at the same time. Or rolls and roast at the same time. Or...or...the possibilities are endless. Now I must use my new super power for good instead of evil. It's time to turn away from the desserts and start testing this bad boy out on my weight watcher recipes. Sigh...I love my new oven. I even ate out less this week just so I could stay home and play with it.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
New Oven, oh how I love you
My diet has suffered this month and I place all the blame on the new love in my life: my new oven. My old unfriendly beastly oven with it's one burner that heated semi well and the three crappy burners that never came up to high, and the weak interior that never could cook a chicken in under two and a half hours, was finally escorted out of the house this month. And in it's place came to live this double decker beauty with duel energy: two electric ovens, one with convection, the other that preheats super fast, and a gas stove top with one huge burner with 16,00o btus (I don't even know what that means, but it sounds powerful) and four additional burners that have constant, easy to control heat. I can actually fit a pressure cooker and canner on the top of this thing (as opposed to my last that could fit neither. I was reduced to canning four jars at a time in a soup stock pot). My stir frys come out fried instead of poached or steamed. My cookies are lovely golden brown. We've made since its arrival: chocolate chip cookies, brownies, blueberry muffins, pizzas, stir frys, croutons, a WHOLE chicken with forty cloves of garlic, cupcakes, super fast omelettes, Navajo tacos, wheat bread...The cool thing is I can make dinner and dessert at the same time. Or rolls and roast at the same time. Or...or...the possibilities are endless. Now I must use my new super power for good instead of evil. It's time to turn away from the desserts and start testing this bad boy out on my weight watcher recipes. Sigh...I love my new oven. I even ate out less this week just so I could stay home and play with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'd never heard of a double-decker oven before! Congratulations. I would be tempted to try out its paces too. I love cooking on gas--love how it heats up so quickly. Have fun playing...
My brother-in-law just got one of these ovens and I am jealous!
Post a Comment