Thursday, August 18, 2011

Something that made my week

I got the following email this week:

Hi Emily,

I just wanted to let you know that we're having an "Editor's Favorite Picks to Re-Read" feature during July and August at YARN to bring attention to past stories our newest readers may have missed.

This week, I've chosen to feature your "In the Spotlight" as my favorite re-read. It will be on the front page for a few weeks as a result and then will return to our archives in the fall.

As a high school English teacher, I often direct my students to YARN and your story is definitely one of their favorites!

Happy August!
Shannon
co-editor, YARN

Did you see that?  Teens have actually read my story!!!  For years and years I've only had adults, mostly critique partners and editors that have rejected me, read my stuff and finally there's feedback that says someone from my target audience actually read something I wrote.  I am on cloud nine this week.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Congratulations Emily!!!!! That is so awesome!

Connie said...

Yay for you! That's great!

Holly said...

That is extraordinarily exciting. Way to go! (I am excited for you, but not at all surprised.)