Wednesday, February 1, 2012
What a Mess
After living in this house for almost six years we've finally decided to do something about the peachy tan paint on all the walls that we hate. We're adding some exciting bold colors like gold in the music room, forest green in the study, blue for Elyse's new room (she's moving over to the guest room), bayberry accent wall in my room, light green for the boys, and the living room and halls are being painted a respectable real tan without peach in it. We have no idea how old the carpet it, but it looks pretty bad: I can't get the mystery stains out anymore. So after the paint, comes carpet and a stretch of wood floor in the living room where the high traffic area is. We're in our first week of painting and so far everything in the house is not where it usually is and everything's a mess. Kids rooms cleared out with their stuff spread out in the living room, Jarom's room, my room, the study. The music room stuff in my room, piles of stuff to go to good will, and so on. It took the kids twenty more minutes to get out the door this morning because we couldn't find a hair brush, toothbrushes, etc. We have all the mess of a major move, but we're not really going anywhere. It's chaos. I think I need to leave the house for a couple hours today. But I love my gold music room--it's almost done. And matt's study turned out really nice, too. I hope my room turns out as pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun (the new paint, not the mess). I hope you'll share pictures along the way (of the paint and flooring although I'm not afraid to see the mess).
I painted our master bathroom this past summer and loved the color. I went back and got matching paint for the master bedroom. It's been sitting in my room for quite a while now. I had a long phone call yesterday and decided to start cutting in while I was talking. It's the wrong color!!!
Take pictures! We are in the middle of construction around here too. We are making our office into a bed room. I can not wait until it is done. I would love to see your paint colors on the wall. I am always looking for great new colors.
Post a Comment