Saturday, April 21, 2012

Easter






We hosted the cousin easter egg coloring and egg hunt this year.  I tried really really hard to limit our candy intake, so the hunt included the hard boiled eggs we colored and plastic eggs with dimes and nickels.  Each kid collecting just under two dollars--it wasn't really a wower, but they seemed excited.  Happy that I'd done my duty, I enjoyed my sabbath the next day until our neighbor told the kids they could come collect eggs because their guests didn't show.  My kids each brought home a 16 inx16 in bag full of candy which I then snacked on over the next five days.  By Friday I threw away the majority of the candy.  We had a wonderful easter, watching the church's new bible video and by doing our annual tradition of telling the easter story while opening plastic eggs that have something in them to show a bit of the story.

No comments: