Luke and cousin Nathan
Paul, cousin Kathleen, and Elyse
Cousin Steven and Jarom
The fourth of July was unbearably hot. Gramma Sue and Papa wrote up a family history road rally for all the Deibels in town. We spent two hours in our blessedly air conditioned car hunting down red cars, flags, hawks, cows, and school busses, along with great grandparents' homes and businesses, and a stop for ice cream. The rally ended at the Deibel's pond in St. Charles. We had a BBQ and swam for a few hours, lit fireworks on the dock, and then drove back to Saginaw for the firework show on the river. We've been in Utah the last two years for this holiday and I have to say, I've missed the Saginaw fireworks. We may be a dead/dying town rife with empty buildings, but we know how to spend money for the fourth of July. Over 8,000 people lined the river this year. Papa got up early and saved us front row seats. Thanks Papa! Jarom spent the show plastered to my chest with my hands over his ears. This is not surprising as I have yet to have a child that initially loves fireworks as much as I do. Give him another three years and he'll come around. I enjoyed snuggling with my youngest and I oohed and awed over the show like one of the kids. By the end of the show his eyes were open, at least, and he named a few colors of the fireworks, all of which he got wrong because he can't remember his colors yet (it cracked me up).
No comments:
Post a Comment