Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our little "Idol"

Elyse's school does a mock American Idol show every year called Hemmetter Idol. Any kid in the school that wants to compete heads down to the music room after lunch and does a ten second tryout in front of the music teacher, the gym teacher, and a parent. Then it's on to round two and three. Once it's narrowed down to three kids from every grade, they have an assembly where all the winners get to sing in front of the whole school. I'm proud to announce that Elyse has made it to the third round this year. She's singing "Mississippi Girl" by Faith Hill for her third tryout on Tuesday and has to write a one page biography to take with her. Good luck Elyse!!! Whether she makes it or not, I think she's proud she's made it one round further than she did last year and I have to say that she's finally learned how to carry a tune. She's the only kid in her class to make it this far, so she's got her whole class behind her cheering her on. I'll have to record her singing her song so you guys can see it. She's got this country twang that I guess comes from us listening to too much Faith in the car. Time to go back to Laurie Berkner for a while.

2 comments:

Arianne said...

Good luck! It's not surprising that your daughter likes to sing, Emily.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Go, Elyse! That is so neat.
Can't wait to see video!

Going to email you Emily.
-Susie