Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Two Firsts

Okay, in all our travels this summer I lost my camera's extra battery pack and recharger and my current battery is dead. Until I get around to getting another recharger, I'm without a camera, so I'll have to report our firsts without any pictures. The first First: Luke is now officially in a big boy bed. To get him excited about taking naps last month, I've let him pick any bed in the house to sleep in. He'd hem and haw and then make a choice and get all excited. It was usually Elyse's bed, too. He did so well and never fell off or came out in the hallway, I thought, we might as well set up his bed. We bought matching beds for the boys and Luke's has just been sitting in its boxes in the basement. We found out we're missing hardware for the tent canopy and couldn't put that part up, but he's very excited about sleeping in a bed like Paul's. And now he's also realized the freedom and likes to get out three or four times a night. Ya, we'll definitely have to work on that. While Matt was putting it together, Luke would sneak in behind him, steal some screws, and push them in random holes on the bed posts. He also kept going around and around the bed saying "Happy Lu. Happy Lu." He's a kick in the pants, that boy. The second First: Paul has his first loose tooth. Last night at dinner he said there was a weird bump behind his tooth. Around bedtime we discovered that it's actually his adult tooth coming up behind the baby one and now the baby one is pretty loose. He then proceeded to wiggle it the rest of the night and this morning. Hope it falls out soon. And I doubly hope I don't have to be the one to pull it. Yuck.

No comments: