Wednesday, November 12, 2008
The Not Napping Boy
Luke likes to take naps in my bed, especially since I've been taking naps there too almost every day since I've been feeling cruddy. The last couple days, though, I've felt well enough to stay awake and catch up on my writing (which hasn't been going well recently. I now hate the book I'm working on). I put Luke down for his nap, tucked him in, kissed him and hugged him, and closed the door to go work on my book. Twenty minutes later I hear something dropping in my bathroom. Instinctively knowing the boy is up to no good, I open the door to find he's completely emptied the contents of my bathroom/makeup drawer and lined each item in single file on my bed. This wouldn't be so bad, if he hadn't first opened my rarely used foundation and used my eyeshadow brush to paint his forehead, hands, shirt, carpet, and other items on the bed. Argh! He's had a fascination with my Blistex jar for a few days, and I know he's been sneaking dips into there, but this is the first time he's branched out to try other makeup. My poor eyeshadow brush! Its bristles are all glued together and I've tried washing it out. It's old and sometimes falls apart, but I liked that brush. Grr! I guess no more unsupervised naps in my room. That boy cannot be trusted. I think last night he got out of bed and played with Paul's toothbrush and now it can't be found. Is it child abuse to duct tape your child to the bed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let me know what you find out about the duct tape, I am reading about Luke at 11pm, turn around, and there is my 5 and a half year old!
I had to drop her naps at 2, she wasn't sleeping at night when she took a day nap.
GOOD LUCK!
-Susie
Ha ha ha. Lots of sympathy coming from here. The master bedroom is strictly off limits at our house for just such reasons. Even with child locks, there's always something in there that they shouldn't touch. That's where confiscated items are taken. I bet Luke had a grand time, though!
Awww duct tape. That sounds like a great idea. It's like those things they have on the wall in the bathroom at Babies R Us. You can basically just stick your kid to the wall while you take care of business. I seriously need one of those in every room of my house. It sounds like you have your hands full. I can definitely relate!
Post a Comment