School started for us on September 6th. Elyse is way stoked about her fifth grade teacher, Mr. Bailey. She hasn't stopped talking about her awesome new teacher and her aweseome new class since school started. I'm glad she's so excited, but it's a little exhausting--especially when I'm trying to coax tiny scraps of information out of Paul and Luke about their classes. Paul started 3rd grade with a teacher I don't know anything about. So far I've learned that he's made one new friend, who swears that they were born in the same hospital room(?). I'm pretty sure he wasn't since I was there and I don't remember any other woman pushing next to me. Luke has all day kindergarten with my most favorite kindergarten teacher ever. She's been teaching this class for like 29 years and she's seen everything. I LOVE her. Luke doesn't seem to be adjusting so great. He's having trouble turning in assignments and his folder. He left a poster about himself in his backpack for three days straight until it was completely crumpled and creased. And then I'm the only mom who forgot to have him hand in his "all about me" bag on time, so he did it a day late. I guess we're taking a while to get into the school groove again. I don't know how I'm going to remember everything the coming year. I feel like my brain is gone. I swear used to have one, but it's gone. It's like I've got a sieve on top of my shoulders and it doesn't retain much information. My phone helps me keep somewhat on track. I guess I've got to start putting in kid homework in there, too.

Paul and Luke chose matching outfits the first day of school: jeans and this year's Deibel Reunion T-shirt
Luke in his classroom. 1/4 of the class took preschool with him last year and he's even got three other Mormons in his class this year. He adjusted well. He didn't even realize I was standing in the room with him, so I kissed him and left.
Elyse is crazy for pandas. We saw this shirt on clearance at Target and she went nuts. There was no question about what she was wearing the first day of school. It's the only new shirt I bought her.
This pic is totally unrelated to school. Matt ran his first half marathon this morning. He wanted to come in under two hours and completed it in 1 hour and 55 min. I'm so proud of him. This is our third year supporting the MCVI races downtown. Luke ran the tot trot, somehow I missed the mile run for Paul and Elyse (I felt really bad), and then we cheered Dad as he crossed the finish line. This was the inaugural year for the half marathon so Matt got a special medal. He also won the bobblehead for taking 3rd in his age group (first year so there was only 5 people in his age group, but I think that's still pretty awesome).
2 comments:
You've been busy. Love the panda shirt. Is there a story with the iPod? Wow, a half marathon!
Matt got a couple of free MP3 players at a conference. The kids have to ride the bus for so long before and after school, that I put a bunch of Disney/High School Musical tracks on them to help pass the time. Paul only used his the first day of school. Elyse listens to hers a lot, though.
Post a Comment