Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tote Chapter Complete

Over Labor Day Weekend, Matt took the older kids camping while I stayed home with Jarom.  I needed some alone time and the weather predicted rain and I just don't camp in the rain anymore.  While Jarom napped and after he went to bed at night, I worked on the next chapter in my sewing book.  And during the first week of school, I finished the chapter (thank you nap time!).  I made a tote bag to hold a baby shower present for Matt's cousin, and I made myself a new church bag with three compartments and three pockets, and I made a soft pencil case to hold all our crayons and markers in the Sunday bag.  Now I can find what I'm looking for faster and my stuff is separate from the kids' stuff, too.

I'm seriously going to have to sit down and plan what I want to do with my alone time.  I've never been home alone with one kid and not been pregnant and in bad need of a nap myself every day.  Jarom sleeps 1 1/2-2 hours every day.  The first week of school I sewed, this week I've been wasting time mostly.  Which is great, too, but I have enough time on my hands each week now to really get something done.  Question is, what do I want to DO?  Write (which I always try to get out of)?  Read?  Sew?  Put together and edit photos?  Exercise?  What do you do with your spare time?

2 comments:

Arianne said...

Oh, you lucky girl. I'm home alone for half the day with only one child, but he gave up naps ages ago. In fact, today I took a nap while he played on my iTouch. Mostly, he just wants to chat my ear off. I kind of enjoy it, but I won't be home alone for two more years. I think you should do some of everything you listed, Why limit yourself?
Your totes look great!

Sarah said...

I always have huge plans for my alone time, but seldom do I every get those plans completed. Let me know what you come up with. Right now I am just trying to get the two little ones to take a nap at the same time. When that day happens, watch out world. Or so I plan. ;)