It's taken all spring and summer, but our backyard is finally done! It looks completely different out there. The kids weren't playing in half of the backyard, so we replaced it with a large patio and garden. I felt bad about taking so much grass away from them, but they love it. They ride their bikes all around it and they play on the furniture. It's been fun eating dinners outside when the weather's nice. We've also had fun walking through the garden and eating stuff straight from the vine. Elyse checked for new blueberries every day and made sure they were passed out evenly between the five of us. Next year we work on the front yard: extending existing beds, planting more trees, and adding sidewalk from the front door down to the mailbox and street. I also want fruit trees for the backyard: peach, pear, and apple.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Our backyard is done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Can I come swing in your hammock? It looks beautiful. I'm feeling a touch green right now.
Wow, that looks so nice!!
I'm more than a touch green- I am completely and totally envious right now. I have a backyard full of weeds and half dead trees. It really does look beautiful! Good job!
Wow, it is beatiful! I love it. Will you come do my yard next year?
Holy Cow! That looks gorgeous! You guys did an amazing job. Wish you could help with ours! You spent a fortune in plants! They look great.
Emily it is so beautiful! I'm jealous. I hope to get a patio next year.
Post a Comment