On the assembly line makig Model Ts.
Touring the train collection
Dinner at Greek Town. We used to come here in med school for deep dish pizza.
Paul eating the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile
At the Detroit Zoo:
Elyse and I used to come here every Wednesday when we lived down here. First time we'd been back in eight years.
For Spring Break we stayed in a town I never thought I'd want to vacation in: Detroit. We only had a couple days off and we thought the kids were finally old enough to enjoy the Ford museum (Henry Ford's unique collection of stuff from presidential cars including Kennedy's, real trains, planes, farm equipment, Lincoln's chair he was assassinated in, etc. Thankfully there were plenty of kid interaction booths along the way). We also spent a day at the zoo. It was a lot of walking. Followed by a lot of swimming at the hotel dive we found. Kind of a scary place but there weren't a lot of people there, so we had the pool to ourself and it came with a decent complimetary breakfast. Elyse spent the first night throwing up in the bathroom--the last to get infected with a bug that swept the family. Fortunately, it's more like a twelve hour thing she was fine during both days. We also hit Greek town and a couple of fun restaurants. I found a Pei Wei four miles from the temple! I love that place--especially the chicken rice paper salad rolls. I think I'll have to go again after our next temple trip. The rest of the week home as been cold and rainy and we haven't even really left the house. I've loved a week off of homework and waking up to an alarm!
No comments:
Post a Comment