Monday, November 1, 2010

Luke finishes soccer season

Like any other time Luke is concentrating, his tongue is hanging out. I keep expecting him to bite it off one of these days.
Luke played his first season of soccer this fall. They started a new format where 3/4 of the hour is spent on drills and team practice and the last quarter is a scrimmage with your own team. A tad boring to watch, but I think it's better than letting ten four year olds mob the ball for an hour. Each kid was actually given the chance to touch a ball because they all had one most of the time. The favorite time of the day was still snack time. Like our other children, Luke is not very aggressive and usually ran behind the pack in the general direction of the ball. But he was always the first to put his hand on someone's shoulder and say good job, or we'll get it next time. I overheard another parents say, "Who's that kid with the big eyes? He sure is a talkative little guy." Yep, that's my kid: his tongue runs faster than his two legs.

No comments: