Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cabin in Aus Gres

Aunt Meghan, Uncle Adam and Luke Luke and Paul wrecked my sand castle, so they built me a new one. We rented a cabin on Lake Huron this week--I know, we overbooked this summer. We've been celebrating Matt's decrease in shifts at the hospital by playing a lot. During the winter they had four doctors quit and everyone else had to pick up the slack and Matt was working way more than any of us like. So I guess we took the extra money and spent it on the mortgage and some vacations. We now officially own 25% of our house! Anyway, we had a lovely, quiet week on the water. No computer or friends to compete for the kids' attention. We took long walks on the beach. Highlights of walks: a bald eagle flying right over our heads and a lightning storm that blew in and shot bolts right over us as we ran the quarter mile back to our cabin. I can't believe how much the kids played in the sand. It never got old. In the morning, they played in the sand. In the afternoon, they played in the sand. We had some good swims, too. Elsye and I created a synchronized swim we called the Deibel tribute to the summer olympics. We had Aunt Meghan, Uncle Adam, and Gramma Sue come up for a day of sun and games. And then we had a family from our ward come up and spend a day and sleep overnight. Matt and I just enjoyed the quiet time with no house pressures, job pressures, or entertaining the kids pressures. Now our summer is truly winding down. Two weeks of olympics will have my glued to the couch and then I've got to get ready for the kids to go back to school. Boo! Hoo!

1 comment:

Arianne said...

That looks like a fun trip. Gary and I have been eyeing a cabin rental near Lake Tahoe, but have been waiting for some excuse to do it. Maybe we'll just have to do it because we want to. Your summer sounds like it has been a blast.
And congratulations on making a dent in your home loan. That's impressive.