Matt plays basketball Tuesday nights at the church with bothy members and non. I hear it gets pretty rough. A couple of times he's had to go with some of the men over to the ER--One guy tore his achilles tendon or something. Matt jammed his pinky so bad six months ago it permenantly sticks out to the side now. But he loves it and will schedule other things around it just so he can go. So I was really surprised when he came home early this week from ball. Then I saw him limping. Then I saw the softball sized ankle bulging beneath his sock. He rolled it and wow, I've never seen a sprain like it. He already wears a brace on his other ankle because he rolled it a lot as a teen, and he wears a splint for his pinky. Now he'll be sporting another brace. We must be getting old or something--everything breaks down so much easier. Here's a pic to record this month's BBall injury.
1 comment:
That is nooooo fun! I did the exact same thing to my ankle in March, and it looked a lot like his in the picture. I went through two months of physical therapy to get ROM and strength back, and the stupid thing still hurts. I guess you're right- we're all turning into a bunch of old people!
Post a Comment