Friday, August 15, 2008
Olympics
Not much going on around here, especially from 8pm to about 1am because my rear has been permenantly affixed to the sofa. I am an olympic nut. It all started way back at the Atlanta games when me and my sister Katie got burnt to a crisp hiking Timpanogas and wanted to do nothing but lay on our stomachs, so we watched the games almost non stop. It was the first time Bob Costas MCd and she and I both harbored a crush on the short, witty, sportscaster. To this day he's still one of my favorite parts of the games--I heart B.C. (Not really, but he's still kind of cute). And apparantly I'm indoctrinating the next generation. Every time the NBC fanfare plays, Luke is singing in the background: "Da...da...da, da, da, da, da..." And he does it after every commercial break. To kill time during commericals (which I absolutely hate, b.t.w.) I've been working on my cross stitch piece that I've been chipping away at the for the past seven years. It usually only gets attention during general conference, but with five hours of commercials every night, I'm getting a lot done. Hurray! I'm a domesticated couch potato!
Matt has wisely learned not to expect too much conversation from me or evenings out during the olympics. But he likes to make snide comments about Bob on the side, like, "He is so profound--I'm still trying to figure out how profound his last statement was." Then I push him off the couch and tell him to go to work. He was so funny during the gymnastics last night, he just couldn't take watching the girls and seeing them make mistakes. And then he'd feel so bad for them. He wanted to go to bed before the last three routines and just find out who won in the morning. Are you kidding me?
Did you guys see the absolutely awesome men's 4 by 100 relay? And the women's gymnastics all around? Wow. While Michael Phelps is pretty awesome to watch, I've loved cheering on all the women swimmers. Natalie Coughlin is a trooper. Looking forward to more tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I saw the 4x100 relay! I was thinking about the French, "If you're going to talk smack about the Americans, you'd better bring your A-game...." I love the Olys too. I haven't been able to watch them too much, but we're they're being TVo'd to watch 2 weeks after they're all over!
Yep, we do it, too. What surprised me is that Steve is really addicted to them! I have been going the gym at night and watching there (the treadmills and eliptical machines have individual tvs...better than watching at home on our 21" from 15 feet away..the only time I really exercise regularly is during the olympics!). I loooove the gymnastics...not too impressed with Nastia, but loved watching her and really love watching little Shawn.
..and Micheal Phelps...he's a super hero!
The only problem is that the kids start school on Thursday, so staying up late watching the olympics is not a great move.
Sorry, I wrote a blog on your blog.
Wow! Elyse looks grown-up in that picture with the tree!
Miss you guys,
Susie
I've been enoying watching them as well. I love gymnastics, but what is the deal with the Nastia girl? She is super talented, but she always has a look on her face like she just tasted something horrible.
Post a Comment