Friday, March 20, 2009

A Couple Random Things:

1. Yesterday I overheard Paul tell a neighbor kid: "Moms are always grumpy." I was quick to jump in and say that wasn't true. "Oh, I meant pregnant moms. Pregnant moms are always grumpy." Ouch, that still includes me.
2. Elyse is the shining star in her her class this week, which means she gets to take in something everyday to share with the class, like facts about herself, her favorite poem, facts on her favorite subject, etc. Fridays they can bring in whatever they want and she decided to bring in Luke. I had to go take a test at the lab, so Matt told me over lunch how it went. Luke sang "Once there was a snowman" and "Popcorn popping." (Elyse was surprised to learn that none of her friends at school knew these songs. "You mean those are church songs?" she asked me on Thursday.) The teacher and classmates got to ask her a bunch of questions about her brother. Someone asked, "What does he like to do?" To which Luke shouted with great gusto: "Poop!" Yes, we're still potty training and it's a big deal to him. "Humongous poop!" I guess that word is hilarious to a classroom full of second graders and Luke was a big hit. Someone asked what his favorite word is: "Weird!" With more giggles as a result.
3. I saw a license plate today that read: ObeyMe. Not surprisingly it was a woman driving a mini van. That gave me the giggles.
4. Yesterday I finished my service project for the baby. In an attempt to get over being dissapointed about having a boy, I decided to do something nice for him. I went to the store and picked out a pattern and yarn and knitted an outfit to bring him home in from the hospital. While still sad I'll never have another girl, I did think a lot about this kid while knitting my evenings away and I'm a little more excited about him finally getting here. The biggest thing I've ever knitted before was a hot pad and a leprosy bandage. I'm amazed at what you can learn from the internet. Anytime I got stuck on the pattern directions or on how to do a stitch I'd never heard of before, I'd find a video on how to do it just by using google. I think my grandmother and great-grandmother would be proud of me. He'll probably only wear it once and then it'll fall apart the first time I wash it, but I don't care. It was good therapy.

6 comments:

Arianne said...

I love Elyse taking her brother to show-n-tell. What a hoot! Anything potty is incredibly funny at that age, isn't it?

Your outfit for the baby is excellent. How sweet. Did you think about how nice it would be to snuggle the soft, warm little body in his soft, warm little outfit? I wish I knew how to knit. I keep thinking about teaching myself, but I've already got more things than I can handle going on. Which leads me to one more comment. Congratulations on doing a project, start to finish!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I can just imagine a class full of 2nd graders when he said, "poop". That is too funny.
Wow! You did a great job on the baby clothes!!!
Hey, it could be worse, you could be never having any more babies ever, despite your best efforts to get #4....
You aren't telling his name yet, are you?

Well, I'm excited for you. I would do love to have a newborn again.
At 6,9, and 11 yrs., mine are not so cute or precious anymore...but I love them of course.

Mary Ellen said...

Aww, that's so cute!

Mary Ellen said...

Although just carrying him in your belly is nice enough, right?

Rachelle said...

Awww, I think it turned out great! I'm really impressed. Your kids are so cute! I love reading your updates because they seriously crack me up.

Connie said...

The outfit is adorable! I hate knitting, it is too tedious for me, so I am very impressed. Your kids are funny, your post made me laugh!