Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Baby Chain

During the fourth session of conference, Elyse made me a paper count down chain until the baby's due date (plus seven days because I'm usually late, plus three more to count down to the last day of school). As of today it has sixty links on it to the baby date and the thing is incredibly long. The kids held it from the second story balcony and it touches the living room floor. I'm already starting to hate that stupid baby chain--it still looks really, really long. We've wrapped it round and round the railing leading upstairs. The kids have all week off for spring break and it's been snowing for two days. Snow in April. It seems so wrong.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Our spring break was snowy, too. Looks like it finally got to you...well, at least last week's snow did. Since it seems like the weather generally travels east, you should have sunshine by the end of the week. It is finally [a little]warmer here. Kids were wearing spaghetti straps and shorts to school today because it is in the 50s.

Rachelle said...

Our Spring break has brought in some less than ideal weather as well, but no snow yet! I think the chain actually looks really cute. Before you know it, you'll be down to just a few links!

Angie Center said...

I hate counting down too! Hang in there! Oh, by the way I found this book at the library that is quite interesting and thought I should share. Even though I've lived in Utah most of my life I've learned things from this book. You'll have to see if it's in the library there. Some parts are bizzare, others funny. The book is: UTAH CURIOSITIES and is written by: Brandon Griggs

Mary Ellen said...

Yes, our spring break has been icky weather, too. I feel for you with the pregnancy, also. My doctor's have suggested around June 20th for delivery. I guess we just keep on keepin' on!