Thursday, April 2, 2009
Help me out of this mess!
Like I've posted before, we are in the process of building a food storage room in the basement and enclosing all exposed water heaters, pipes, and the sump pump in closets. For a couple weeks the kids' toy room has served double duty as a workshop with tools and screws mingling with blocks and toy trucks. We finally finished off the food storage room, save for the door and Matt and I stayed up late one night transfering all the food from the middle of the basement floor to the shelves. He then spent two nights, cleaning up all the miscelaneous junk down there and making different piles of stuff. There is now, finally, a toy area again safe from table saws and nails and the sump pump is covered. And there's room to walk around even though we aren't even close to finished with the other walls and closets. The kids had late start at school this morning and gleefully ran downstairs to play with their old toy friends right after breakfast. I checked on them ten minutes later. Elyse ran up to me with a big smile on her face, "Mom, we're pretending we live at the dump!" Geez, and I thought it looked a hundred times better down there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha, I love Elyse's comment.
How nice to have a basement. Yours might be kind of messy, but you have no idea how much I would like to have that extra storage space.
Post a Comment