Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ultra Sound--34 Weeks

I had to go in for an ultra sound today because I was measuring large and they wanted to get a better idea of the baby's size. It's already a whopping 6 lb, 3 oz, placing it in the 80%--and I still have six weeks left! The amniotic fluid is borderline high, which I have no idea what that means, so I have to go back in next Thursday for another ultra sound. But I did get to see some cool pics of the baby. Unlike those scary 19 weeks skeleton pictures you get, this little guy has full cheeks and hair on his head. It actually looked like a real baby.

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Congrats on getting real baby pictures. I think the 4-D looks a little like clay-mation. Maybe the big babies come from the Smith side? My baby girl was also 80th percentile. Anyhow, how fun for you to get to push that out! I'm sure it makes you feel just great to be told how big you're getting, right? Hang in there!

Angie Center said...

I think he's beautiful! I always have big babies. They induce me early. Jacob was still 9 lbs 6 oz. You're almost there!

Rachelle said...

Those are the coolest pictures ever! He is sooo cute. I am getting so excited for this little guy to come. My doctor doesn't do those type of ultrasounds, so I am jealous.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Um...you do not have 6 weeks to go! No way!
I know the weight estimate is not totally accurate, but IF they believe he is that big right now, they better induce you in 3 weeks or less...just to be safe and nice

Arianne said...

Look at that baby! How exciting. If he's already 6 pounds and your amniotic fluid is high, does your doctor have any plans to start you early? You're almost there. Can't wait to see the little man when he arrives.

Connie said...

Wow, those are cool pictures! He looks really cute and cuddly. My doctor has never done the 3-D ultrasounds, either, I wish he did!