Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 20: Kindergarten Homework

After school we have snack time/gab fest about school and then buckle down to homework. I love kindergarten homework. Paul practices writing three buzz words a day and then reads for 10 minutes. Every Monday he usually has one worksheet sent home to do. And days when I'm tired or busy we just totally blow the homework for the day. Too bad it only lasts one year. Elyse has daily worksheets and projects that have to be completed and then checked and signed by a parent. Plus she reads 25 minutes a day, which she usually does at bedtime. That way she feels older because she gets to stay up later than the boys, but it's nice for mom and dad because she's still in bed the same time as the other kids.

1 comment:

Arianne said...

We let Madsen stay up to read, too. I think it makes reading feel like a privilege, rather than a chore.

I was so happy a couple weeks ago when kindergarten stopped sending homework for the rest of the school year.