Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 7: Wrestling

I cheated. I really took this last night and am counting it as today's picture. It's been interesting to watch the dynamics between boy siblings and girl/boy siblings. Elyse can be pretty rough and tough, but usually in an organized game or contest sort of way. This past year, the boys will get this weird look in their eyes, like my old wild cat Lisa used to do when I was a kid, and then just attack each other. They'll roll around on the floor, jump on each other, drag each other around the room and laugh their heads off and squeal while doing it. Growing up with mostly girls I find this behavior rather strange--strange that they find this game so much fun. Paul is mercifully semi gentle and on the rare occasion one of them gets hurt, the other does feel bad and apologizes without me having to step in. Then they'll tackle each other again. This went on for a good half hour last night--perfect for wearing them out before bed.

2 comments:

Connie said...

This happens at my house all the time. I think boys just have this inate desire to duke it out with other kids.

Mary Ellen said...

This was a constant activity when I was growing up. Usually it was me and Lindsey versus Jared. My boys do it, too. I've heard the rough and tumble play is actually really good for their development.