
I've been teaching Elyse piano since the new year. The newness and excitement has worn off for her and now daily practice is a chore. She fiddles around most of the time and I'm constantly reminding her from the other room to sit up straight, count out loud, practice her assigned songs, etc. But it is really fun to listen to her sit down to the piano when she isn't required to and tap out a melody to something or play a song she's memorized because she likes it.
1 comment:
I like the legs up on the bench. Is that how my students practice at home? I have also been trying to teach Bethany, but I really think she needs someone other than mom to tell her what to do. Whenever I ask her to practice she just whines and rolls her eyes at me.
Post a Comment