Friday, August 27, 2010

Salsa

For some reason this year all my green peppers ripened first and then the tomoatoes later. So I've only done one small batch of salsa with the few that came on at the same time. And I tried some fruist salsa that I spiced up with all the Anaheim peppers that have been dropping off the bushes. I also tried canning blueberry syrup this year, but I think I cooked the berries too long and turned them into blueberry jelly. Delicous either way, I say.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Our peppers all died, so if I want to make salsa I have to go buy some peppers.

Kristie L said...

Ummm! I'm jealous. I think all we got from our garden this year was 2 miniature strawberries before it all died. Blueberry syrup or jelly sounds so good. The best I can get here to make is jelly/syrup is prickly pear cactus, and it's good, but not as good. Maybe I'll just have to go buy some now that you have me hungry for it!

Arianne said...

Good job on the canning. They look tasty, especially the blackberries. It looks like we'll be doing some of that this next couple of weeks. Anything else being canned?