Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a...

Boy. After a few tears, I've decided it's better than having twins and it'll be good to have a little guy for Luke to play with. We'll have to rearrange kids' rooms in a few years, so Elyse has her privacy from three little brothers. If he's as cute as Luke and Paul, which I'm sure he will be, he'll be a keeper. I guess another girl just isn't in the cards for me.

5 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Bummer. You could always try again and risk the possibility of 4boys and 1 girl. If it's really worth it to you...but if you're like me that suggestion is laughable.

Arianne said...

Wow, you got a 3-D ultrasound!?! Those are still considered an unnecessary luxury out here. I didn't know you were hoping for a girl. I'm sorry about your disappointment. I bet Luke will love having a best bro/friend, though.

Anonymous said...

Tell ya what, we'll take him and you try again for a girl!
Congrats!
Love,
Susie

Rachelle said...

I probably have a little bias (or a big bias), but I think little boys are the best!!! I'm sorry you didn't get your little girl this time around (guess you'll have to have another one!), but I'm glad everything looked good and healthy! I was checking your blog all morning, so I'm glad you didn't wait long to put me out of my misery.

Connie said...

When I was pregnant with Jorgen and we found out he was a boy, Bethany cried and cried at the ultrasound. The only thing that calmed her down was when I told her that maybe Heavenly Father needed some more missionaries so he sent us another boy. I was just trying to calm her down, but she really thought it was true. I think the year Jorgen was born there were like 10 baby boys and only a couple baby girls in the ward.

I have to agree with Rachelle, boys are great! My boys have both been momma's boys, so they have been extra cuddly and sweet. Bethany was a Daddy's girl. But I do miss having a baby girl to dress up. (Seven year old girls are too opinionated already!)

Congrats and I hope everything goes well.