Friday, January 30, 2009

Chinese New Year

Luke asleep after going to the Snowfest festival in Frankenmuth.
For fhe this past week, it happened to land on the night of the Chinese New Year. So for a lesson we talked about some of our ancestors and then we played a dragon tag game. The kids helped make a dragon mask. Whoever is "it" wears the mask and then all the players line up behind him and place hands on shoulders. The dragon head then tries to tag its tail. You're supposed to have around 10 players. Since there's only five of us, we ended up going round and round and round in a tight, small circle. I imagine with more people you snake around more. Luke really enjoyed the dragon head role, roaring for all he was worth as he chased down Paul. I was half laughing my head off and half trying not to fall down and vomit from spinning and spinning around. I finally cheated and held Paul back so Luke could tag him.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Such a fun idea! I always love seeing pics of your kids. They're so cute!