Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Words to say aloud

Here's a random post for the day, but I actually do have a favorite word. My favorite word to say out loud: pocket I don't know why, but it's a fun word to say. I think all the hard consonants make a pleasing sound and pop right out. The runner up has got to be Burbur (sp? You know, the carpet?) Least favorite word: Doilee What an idoitic word for something that can be so pretty. It sounds like it should be something with metal springs. I feel like I'm bouncing when I say it. Maybe because it sounds so close to Duh is why I don't like it. Dumb word.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I've thought about it and I really must say that I completely agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I have thought that since I was little and my mom loved them: "Doilee" (?) What a stupid word!