Monday, May 12, 2008

Day #12-Jumping from the stairs


My stairs have a thin lip on the outside of the bannister that my kids like to climb up and jump from. One day I walked into the room and Paul and Elyse had dragged a baby mattress beneath the stairs, placed a toy on one end and jumped onto the other to watch the toy fly. Next time I walked by, I saw Luke perched on the edge of the mattress and Elyse on the highest stair ready to jump. Before freaking out, I asked what they were doing and they reassured me Luke liked it. Elyse jumped and Luke was bumped backwards onto the floor and everyone had a fit of giggles, including Luke. It's become a favorite game at our house. I hid the baby mattress, though, and now they like to stack all the TV quilts in one big pile to jump on. Here Elyse is doing her walking on air pose. I kept trying to get a landing shot with her hair still high above her, but couldn't get it.

1 comment:

Arianne said...

Boy, you had me laughing. I could just picture your kids assuring you that the baby liked being knocked off the mattress. You try your hardest to protect them from the exuberance of older siblings, only to see them grinning and reaching for their tormentors.