If Elyse is at school, and Luke's down for a nap, and I need an hour of alone time to get something done, all I have to do is hand Paul a toy catalogue and he'll leave me alone for the rest of the day. Almost alone. I get the occasional, "Mom, look at this. Mom, did you see this? I gotta have one of these." But other than that, the boy gets sucked right into the pages. He makes the toys talk to each other, and sometimes he fights with it, but mostly he turns the pages over and over again, making a mental list of everything he wants for his birthday or Christmas. He knows there's no point in asking for anything before those two days, but it doesn't stop this boy from dreaming. And when he's looked at it all, he starts over at the beginning--this can go on for a couple weeks with just one catalogue. So those annoying toy catalogues that come in the mail over and over again because I ordered something over the internet have come in handy.
When Matt's gone on a trip, I let the kids take turns sleeping in my bed. I took the Fisher Price catalogue from Paul's grip and told him it could wait until morning. Silly me for putting it so temptingly on the nightstand. I walked in thirty minutes later and found him like this. Ah, I love to see him hold still for a moment, but that little sneaky stinker!
1 comment:
Collin is the exact same way! You know that big catalog that comes from ToysRUs right before Christmas. That thing gets incredibly dog-eared before the season is over. They know not to ask for anything either, but the boys love looking at stuff. Cute pic!
Post a Comment