Happy Memorial Day. Here we are with some of my in-laws outside grandpa's and great-grand parent's plots in the Mosaleum. I find these places really creepy. You walk in and instantly you feel chilled and clammy and as you walk down the halls you know you're surrounded by dead people. Ick. Our relations are tucked away down in the basement in the far wing, too. Who wants to be buried in a wall? Put me in the ground and let the green grass grow over me and the sun shine down upon me.
After putting flowers on a few graves (me and the kids made oragami and pipe cleaner flowers for just their great grandpas), we attended a ward picnic for almost three hours. The wind blew all five of our paper plates right over, even with the food on, but the kids didn't really care. Then they played on the play ground and watched Matt play tennis. I didn't get to talk to very many people as I was chasing down Luke the entire time. Well, no, a ten year old was playing with him, so I was watching the ten year old watch the two year old. She's good with him, but still learning.
Me and the kids came home and played in our kiddie pool for a couple hours. I thought it was late enough in the day that I wouldn't have to put more sunscreen on them. Big mistake. Paul's back is as hot and red as my stove top set on high. Poor kid. Elyse didn't get it as bad and Luke nothing at all, thanks to him napping through most of it. After we dried off a couple of my sisters-in-law and one brother-in-law came over for dinner and games on the Wii before the kids had to be tucked into bed. All in all, a nice day. A taste of summer. Only two more weeks of school! I can make it!
No comments:
Post a Comment