For our last everyday pic, I thought I'd take shots of our goodnight prayer session. Unfortunately, Luke couldn't take part because of two temper tantrums nearly in a row and a fight with his sister. It was a long day with him, so while the other two were still taking baths, he was sent to bed all by himself and had to miss out on prayers and good night hugs. Usually, all three take turns and then there's a long round of hugs and kisses because each one has to hug each sibling and then me or Matt. And then they want another hug and kiss from me or Matt when we tuck them into their individual beds. I have to admit, this is one of my least favorite chores. That sounds awful doesn't it? But by the end of the day, I am tired, and any small request or dragging of the feet gets shot down pretty quick at bedtime. Bedtime takes us less than ten minutes. If Matt's home, he usually does it, thank heavens. He's way nicer than I am at the end of the day. I love the hugs and kisses part. It's the repeated "get your jammies on" and "brush your teeth" I don't like doing. And Elyse always tries to bargain for more reading time EVERY night and Paul has to stop me on my way out the door to ask some random question just to get me to stay longer. Sometimes, I think my kids are masters of torture. And then when I check on them sometimes in their sleep they look so sweet and innocent. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment