Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 22-Monkey Girl




Elyse loves to climb. She comes home from school, eats her snack, does her homework, and climbs a tree. It's become part of the routine. If a tree isn't handy, say at a park, she likes to climb the OUTSIDE of the play equipment and then swing across the monkey bars.
In this sequence of pictures, she makes it to the top and blows on our clutz trophy. One day the kids seemed to be hurting themselves a lot and crying buckets over the littlest things. So anytime anyone stubbed a toe and started gushing, I awarded them the clutz trophy and told them that winners get to blow their guts out. I don't know which I preferred the crying or the shrieking whistle. But when they were finally winded everyone was laughing. The clutz trophy now resides in the tree and whenever I hear a whistle I know where Elyse is.

No comments: