Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pic of May 1st


My friend Ari challenged the readers of her family blog to take a picture every day in May and post them. Just to show the every day stuff that goes on in your house. So here's our pic for today (I got it early in the morning so I wouldn't forget to do it--especially on the first day).


We have pancakes or waffles for breakfast three to four times a week. Whenever I'm cooking, Luke thinks he has to be sitting on the counter helping me make it. We spill a lot of flour and sugar when he's helping out. We turned today's pancakes into pumpkin cakes. Take your regular pancake recipe, cut the oil by half and add 1/2 C canned pumpkin and either cinnamon and nutmeg or some pumpkin pie spice. They turn out a funny shade of yellowy orange, but they taste pretty good. Not too pumpkiny.


Luke also has a new word this week, so I posted a short video of it.

3 comments:

Connie said...

You're amazing. I make a hot breakfast on Saturday, sometimes on Sunday. But the rest of the week it's cereal. I just can't get the kids ready for school in time if I have to cook something. Plus, cereal is Andrew's staple - somedays it's the only thing he eats all day. Love the picture. I've got my camera out and ready.

Rachelle said...

I'm with Connie. I don't think my kids know that people eat anything other than cheerios for breakfast (hush, let's keep it that way). I'm glad you agreed to do the picture thing. It's always fun to see pictures of your cute kids!

Arianne said...

Yummy, those pancakes sound tasty. I might try it--we have frozen pumpkin from the garden to use up. We like the chocolate chip, topped with peanut butter, pancakes. Sounds healthy, doesn't it? Happy looks like the perfect word for Luke!